I just came back from the doctors and we're heading off to swimming lessons, but thought I'd give you a quick update. My doctor told me that the results he got from the ultrasound showed a complete placenta previa. He said that the chances of it moving are like wining the lottery. This is extremely serious and didn't quite know where to start with me. He did say that we'd try and keep the baby in there for as long as possible, but if I started to bleed they would have to decide if it was better for the baby to be born. He also mentioned that I would be spending a lot of time in the hospital and bedrest was inevitable. The goal is to get the baby to stay in side as long as possible but I could have him/her at any time (thankfully at 20 weeks the chance of survival is about 48%). Then he pulled out his amazing ultrasound machine and wanted to see for himself where the placenta was lying. He pointed out where my cervix was and where the placenta was. But to him, it looked like the placenta was slightly off to the side of the cervix still touching it, but not completely covering it. This he said looked really hopeful. If what he saw is correct there is still a chance that the placenta could move. So, he's going to keep a close eye on me and I have another ultrasound in a month. If I do bleed I need to rush to the hospital, but other than that he was very positive that things would work out. So that's all I can really tell you. I guess it's still up in the air and I just have to be careful and every day without problems is another day that the baby is growing bigger and stronger. Please continue to pray for the best:)

10 Comments:
Erin...PLEASE take it really easy. And let me know if I can help in ANY way possible.
Erin, we will definitely be keeping you and your little one in our prayers. If we can do anything to help please let us know.
Hi Erin! I just wanted to let you know that I have been reading your blog & that I, too, am praying for you, Tom & your baby.
we are praying for you too!
Thank you everyone for your prayers and support. I'm sure everything will work out fine, but we need to prepare ourselves incase it doesn't.
Erin, I will be praying for your little one to stay in for a long time yet. Through my pregancy I've been worried about pre-term labor (common with twins) so I've been watching the weeks go by with great joy, knowing, like you said, that each day they are growing more and more able to survive outside of me. When I think of my little ones ("think" should be read as "worry") I will try to remember to pray for your little one too. May God give you his peace that passes understanding.
Aimee
hugs and prayer Erin. Thankfully it is something "common" that doctors are familiar on how to deal with but it is so hard to hear that anything is different from normal when it comes to pregnancy. I'll also pray especially for your nerves and that you just have peace. I think the innocense of pregnancy can sometimes be ruined after losing one.
Erin
Ditto to what the others are saying, you will be in our thoughts and prayers....I saw you in church today across the lobby and thought to myself how good you look as prego mom with two cute little boys...... you and Tom sound like you're great parents. Who is you doctor/doctors? Sounds like Driedger/Shaw if you said he pulled out an U/S machine.... if it is them, you're in EXCELLENT hands.
Thanks Cherylene! I saw Driedger/Shaw with the boys and they were great. This time around I started seeing Dr. Shone because of some difficulties with other pregnancies this year.
May God bless and protect you and your baby. We will certainly be joining with all the others in praying for you.
Post a Comment
<< Home