Another moment of peace... *sigh* Tom took the boys out with him to get a couple movies for tonight. I have no excuses to "not" blog now. We are all doing well. Tom is enjoying the last few days before normal life begins. All next week he is taking a First Aid course. Then he begins work in April.
Yesterday I had my 17 wk. check up. My doctor has an ultrasound machine in his office, so I've been able to have sneak peaks at each checkup. So, yesterday he asked if I wanted to see it or hear it. Of course I chose to see my little baby. When you have an ultrasound every 4 weeks, it's amazing to see how much they grow in that little time. He/She was moving around:) One view he showed me was a perfect view of just a hand with all 5 perfect little fingers. Tom hasn't come to any of my appointments yet, so he will finally get a chance to see the baby in two weeks when we go for our ultrasound in Langley. After my appointment I ran over to Thyme Maternity to look for a bathing suit (I've never had one with the boys). Instead of walking out with a bathing suit, I walked out with a new pair of caprees and 3 tops :) That wasn't planned, but it's nice to have some more clothing options. Then I picked up Tom and the boys and we spent 2 hours at Walmart. This time I did find a bathing suit:)
I signed up the boys for swimming lessons starting in a week and a half. I'm a little concerned about how Noah will do, so we too them swimming last night. Let's just say, I have NO concernes now. Noah has no fear of water. Maybe that's my new concern. They had fun going down the slide in the kiddie pool. Colton would always land on his feet and Noah...well he wouldn't. He would wip down that slide and drop bum first into the water. Then he would slowly float to the surface, mouth open with a huge grin on his face. He did this all night long. Whenever he lost his balance, he wouldn't panic and quickly stand up like most children; he would take his time to float to the surface with a big open mouthed grin. That kid knows how to hold his breath! He never came up spitting and coughing. Oroville should be fun for them this summer.
Yesterday I had my 17 wk. check up. My doctor has an ultrasound machine in his office, so I've been able to have sneak peaks at each checkup. So, yesterday he asked if I wanted to see it or hear it. Of course I chose to see my little baby. When you have an ultrasound every 4 weeks, it's amazing to see how much they grow in that little time. He/She was moving around:) One view he showed me was a perfect view of just a hand with all 5 perfect little fingers. Tom hasn't come to any of my appointments yet, so he will finally get a chance to see the baby in two weeks when we go for our ultrasound in Langley. After my appointment I ran over to Thyme Maternity to look for a bathing suit (I've never had one with the boys). Instead of walking out with a bathing suit, I walked out with a new pair of caprees and 3 tops :) That wasn't planned, but it's nice to have some more clothing options. Then I picked up Tom and the boys and we spent 2 hours at Walmart. This time I did find a bathing suit:)
I signed up the boys for swimming lessons starting in a week and a half. I'm a little concerned about how Noah will do, so we too them swimming last night. Let's just say, I have NO concernes now. Noah has no fear of water. Maybe that's my new concern. They had fun going down the slide in the kiddie pool. Colton would always land on his feet and Noah...well he wouldn't. He would wip down that slide and drop bum first into the water. Then he would slowly float to the surface, mouth open with a huge grin on his face. He did this all night long. Whenever he lost his balance, he wouldn't panic and quickly stand up like most children; he would take his time to float to the surface with a big open mouthed grin. That kid knows how to hold his breath! He never came up spitting and coughing. Oroville should be fun for them this summer.

4 Comments:
Hey Erin...really glad you updated your blog. Seems like we're so out of touch these days. Swimming sounds like a riot. My boys just finshed their lessons and are signed up for some more. Nate is doing awesome but Chad is a total scaredy-cat and has failed his level. I wish he was more like Noah!
how fun to get new maternity clothes!
are you going to find out if the baby is a boy or girl with your ultrasound in langley?
no fear of water here either. That would be my concern too! We have a small turtle pool for the backyard and there is a waterpark in town. That and 100 degree weather. yipee summer. :O)
btw- I dont have your email address. you'll need to send me an email aherne"at"cox.net
how fun to get new maternity clothes!
are you going to find out if the baby is a boy or girl with your ultrasound in langley?
no fear of water here either. That would be my concern too! We have a small turtle pool for the backyard and there is a waterpark in town. That and 100 degree weather. yipee summer. :O)
btw- I dont have your email address. you'll need to send me an email aherne"at"cox.net
Between you and me, I think we update our respective blogs the least out of all our friends! I'm glad I'm not the only one :) I'm so excited that you and baby are doing well. I remember Oroville well...ah to be a carefree teenager again!
Post a Comment
<< Home